Areas of Practice
Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
Royal Oak Qualified Domestic Relations Order Lawyers
Family Law Lawyers Serving Clients in Southeast Michigan Since 1974
A qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) is a judgment, decree, or order included in a divorce judgment dealing with pension funds and/or an employee benefit plan. A QDRO or a similar legal order is used to split and change the ownership of retirement funds, making sure the employee's divorcing spouse receives their fair share of assets.
Qualified domestic relations orders are complex legal documents, and an incomplete or incorrect one can put your future financial security at risk. Since 1974, Melder & Melder, P.C. has helped people with complex transactional needs like these, and we have the experience to help you draft an effective qualified domestic relations order.
I Just Got Divorced. Why Do I Need to Get a QDRO Right Now?
- Child support
- Marital property rights for a spouse, former spouse, child, or other dependent of a participant
- Private and corporate pension and benefit plans
- 457 retirement plans
- Defined benefit monthly payment
- Military, federal, and state government plans
- QCOs for military retired pay
- QDROs for military and certain government retirement plans
- TIDs for individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- COAPs and RBCOs for federal and state civil service plans
We provide more than just legal representation. We provide confidence that you are doing things right.
For a free telephone consultation with one of our attorneys, call our Royal Oak law office contact us online with a brief description of your legal concerns.