Areas of Practice
Royal Oak, Michigan, Lawyer on Your Side
The Work We Do – The Ways We Can Help You
A Family Business and Trusted Legal Resource for Southeast Michigan Since 1974
As family law attorneys, we provide a full range of legal services including adoption, pre- and post-marital contracts, divorce, legal separation, child custody, parenting time/visitation, child support increase and reduction, and personal protection orders. We provide sound legal answers to important legal questions such as:
How does Michigan's divorce process work?
Asset division: who gets what?
Do we need a Qualified Domestic Relations Order?
Where will the children live?
At Melder & Melder, P.C., we handle the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate, including for-sale-by-owner transactions, as well as legal actions to determine interests in land, landlord/tenant issues, evictions and mortgage workouts.
Our attorneys encourage prospective clients to learn more about deeds in lieu of foreclosure and short sales to resolve mortgage debt:
The advantages of a short sale over a foreclosure
The best time to consider a short sale
The benefits of having an attorney negotiate your short sale
Since 1974, our attorneys have provided comprehensive estate planning services including wills, living wills, trusts, and powers of attorney. We also advise clients during estate administration, assist out-of-state clients with Michigan probate issues, help clients and their families avoid probate disputes, and handle probate litigation.
Our business law attorneys handle debt collection for individuals and businesses in Oakland County, Detroit, and throughout the surrounding areas of southeast Michigan.
Our business law and collections practice also includes debt collection defense.
Other Important Legal Areas:
- Recovery from identify theft — valuable assistance for victims of identity theft.
- Traffic law — defense of speeding tickets and all traffic violations, including reckless driving charges, and assistance with OWI-related license suspensions and license restoration.
- Criminal defense — defense of all misdemeanors and felony charges.
- Drunk driving defense — impaired driving charges including OUIL and OWI for first, second and third offenses, as well as driver's license restoration.
- Consumer bankruptcy — both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13.
- Personal injury — including car accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, dog bites and other injuries caused by negligence.
- Civil litigation — we represent both plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts across the state of Michigan.
Free initial phone consultation with an attorney.