You’ve been accused of a crime and are facing criminal charges that could strip you of your freedom, or at the very least, alter your reality. Regardless of your guilt or innocence, the best thing you can do for yourself is to hire a criminal defense attorney. There are several reasons to hire a defense attorney.
1. Choice: You have the right to a lawyer; that person should be one of your choice, not merely one appointed for you.
2. Experience: A criminal attorney knows the law and is familiar with the legal process. Therefore, you stand a better chance at successfully navigating a trial.
3. Buffering: Being tried for a crime takes a toll on both the accused and the family of the accused. Hiring a criminal lawyer can help decrease some of the firestorm and backlash that may occur.
4. Dedication: Hiring a criminal defense lawyer makes a difference because that person has a more personalized interest in your case. Court-appointed lawyers are often inundated with several other cases.
5. Circumstance: Sometimes there are other motives behind conviction and sentencing. A prosecuting attorney who seeks a higher political office may decide to use your case as an example.
Being accused of a crime can be a traumatizing experience for all involved. Hiring a lawyer can drastically alter the outcome. To learn more about hiring a criminal lawyer to address your specific needs, contact Melder & Melder at 248-721-9222