Help us, Help you
Thank you for letting us help you during this trying time. In order to make the process of preparing and filing a bankruptcy petition easier, please bring copies of the following documents with you to our initial meeting, it will speed up the process and allow us to better serve you:
- Past two years tax returns.
- Six months of the most recent payroll stubs (for both you and your spouse).
- If you own any real estate (your own home as well as investment property):
- A copy of each recorded Deed to the property;
- A copy of each recorded mortgage encumbering the property (a copy of the recorded mortgage and Deed may be obtained from the register of deeds in the county where the property is located).
- Most recent mortgage statement to all mortgages placed on the property;
- Assessment or tax bill setting forth the property's state equalized value;
- Appraisal (if you have one);
- If you own or lease a motor vehicle, motorcycle, boat or recreational vehicle:
- Copy of the title;
- Proof of insurance.
- A copy of your most recent bank statement.
- Drivers License and Social Security Card.
- Statements for any investments, 401K, IRA, 403b, PSP, etc.
- Paperwork on any Life Insurance.
- Paperwork on any stocks, bonds, mutual funds, savings bonds.
- Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and obtain a copy of your credit report.
- A complete list of any and all creditors not listed on the credit report. (Including the creditor's name, address, account number and balance owed).
We are a Debt Relief Agency helping people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. Let us help you decide if bankruptcy is right for you.
If you have any additional questions or for a free telephone consultation with one of our attorneys - call our offices in Royal Oak or contact us online with a brief description of your concerns.